Free Blogging Business
You can start a home-based business writing a blog, even if you are not an experienced writer. First, choose a topic that interests you or that you have knowledge and can share this information with others. If you want to make money online free – while avoiding scams – blogging is a great way to do it because you are essentially creating your own income opportunity rather than buying into someone else’s.
What Skills Do You Need to Become a Blogger?
Although you don’t have to have a degree in journalism or be a great writer, you will need to enjoy writing to be a make money blogging – since you will be doing it almost everyday. Some popular well-known bloggers may not write everyday now, but when they got started, they needed to write consistently on a daily basis to build a loyal following of readers. Successful bloggers need to be self-motivated and willing to put in the time to write.
After a blogging business is somewhat established, blog writers can write as often as they like – but keep your writing schedule consistent. For example, you may prefer to write daily or once a week. As long as you have interesting and valuable information to share, people will want to read it and return to read more. Think about it like having your own syndicated column in a magazine or newspaper.
What Can You Write About?
You may be surprised at how many topics there are to write about – even in a small niche or industry. However, the list is virtually endless. Take a look at some of these examples:
- Write How-To Articles
- Answer Commonly Asked Questions in Your Industry
- Write an Opinion Piece Discussing Your Opinion on a Particular Topic
- Talk About How a News Story Affects Your Industry
- Write About Current Changes in Your Market
- Discuss a Controversial Issue
- Write a Blog Post Comparing Products or Services (A vs B)
- Write a Product Review
How Do You Make Money with a Blog Site?
Here are the Top 4 Ways to Make Money with a Blog:
1. Ads: Many blogs don’t sell any products of their own, but rather generate income by allowing advertisers to place ads on their sites. This can be fairly easy to do if you decide to work with one of the advertising networks that are free to join. Of all the ideas to make money, this is one of the most popular because it does not involve selling to generate revenue.
2. Freelancing: There are also freelance writing opportunities to get paid to write for other blogs without having a blog of your own. For these, you will need to be a skilled writer, but the opportunities are out there for bloggers who want to freelance and generate income while they are building up their own blog readership and ad revenue. For freelancing opportunities, check out article writing opportunities on freelance job sites like Odesk and Vworker that are free to use.
3. Write Reviews: You can also write company reviews or sell products and services on your blog. Some companies will want to advertise on your website – but not in the form of advertisements. Instead, they will want you to write a review of their product or service – and post the content on your own site.
This can be a useful (and free) way of making money with your blog if you are having a hard time coming up with content ideas. If you do this, however, make sure that the product reviews match the content of your blog (don’t just write about any product or service, as this can be a turn off to your readers). For resources that help connect you with these advertisers, check out PayPerPost.com.
4. Write for Other Blogs: Another option is to have other blog owners pay you to be a blog writer for their blogs. There are several choices, and you don’t have to choose just one. Besides being a way of generating income, this can also be an effective strategy for bringing more visitors to your own site – where you are earning income from advertisers. CopyBlogger has a good article on how to find websites to hire you to “guest blog” on their sites.
The key is to focus on where you want to get started with blogging. Don’t try to do too many things at once because it can get overwhelming. What generally happens is that you’ll spend too little time on multiple activities rather than putting a worthwhile effort into your main focus.
Find out more information how on to set up a blog using free platforms like WordPress and Blogger, make money blogging, getting paid to blog and more blog resources here: How to Make Money Blogging.